The proposals for stories should be original, evidence-based and rich in context, showing new or broader insights into the region.
Who can apply?
All registered independent privately-owned media outlets are eligible to apply. This grant will only support content production covering stories relating to COVID-19. Grants will be awarded to media outlets individually per country.
Media outlets are free to apply individually or with partner media outlets from one of the other Western Balkan countries or Turkey. In that case both media outlets will be granted the funds.
Media outlets that are eligible for this fund should:
- Be registered in one of the six WB countries covered by this project or Turkey
- Adhere to journalistic standards
- Provide a clear and relevant plan for covering stories related to COVID-19 pandemic
- Be able to reach broader audience
- Give a clear overview of their timeline and funding needs
How to apply?
Applicants should complete and submit only one application with one proposal in the designated format. All applications must be submitted in English.
Applicants are required to submit application including:
- Completed Application form (attached to this CfA)
- Completed budget form (attached to this CfA)
- Registration form issued by an authority
- At least five previous pieces of published stories
- Filled out Contact form
Applications lacking any document will not be taken into consideration. Applicants applying with more than one application, either alone or with a partner will be disqualified. Applications in any other format will not be taken into consideration. Applications that are not in English will not be taken into consideration.
Deadline for applications is 20th July.
What is the grant amount?
The grant amount for Emergency Content Fund is 7,000.00 EUR per media outlet.
For all inquiries please contact us via e-mail email@example.com