What are equipment grants?
Equipment grants should be used to purchase equipment needed for the media production up to 3000.00 EUR per grant. Media outlets applying for content grants can also apply for equipment grants.
Equipment funds will be given to media outlets and/or journalists will be including:
- Necessary software upgrades for newsroom production (Including subscriptions, licenses, etc.)
- Website development to include multimedia content covering COVID-19 events
- Equipment necessary for production of multimedia stories (laptops, smartphones, livestream equipment, etc.)
No other costs including, but not limited to: journalist fees, rent and utilities, travel costs, etc are eligible under this grant.
Who can apply?
Equipment Fund grants will be awarded to media outlets who are covering the COVID-19 pandemic but are in need of technological assistance. These grants do not include individual fees of any kind. Equipment will be used for production of previously agreed on content.
In order to receive a grant for Equipment fund the media outlet and/or journalist should provide:
- Filled out application form (attached to this CfA)
- Budget form (attached to this CfA)
- Registration form issued by an authority (only for media outlets)
- At least three pieces of published previous work that is in compliance with journalistic standards
- Plan to reach audiences by using the equipment provided
Deadline for applications is 20th July, 2020.
For all inquiries please contact us via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.